Freeport, TX is located in the southwestern growth path of Houston, TX. The benefits of Freeport reach far beyond its location and logistical advantages. Freeport features:
- Direct access to port, rail and barge terminals
- An excellent source of local labor
- Low City and County taxes
- Many Fortune 500 companies operating in the Freeport and Houston market
Close proximity to William P Hobby International and Bush International Airport in Houston and Port of Houston, only 50 miles away.
- Dense urban population shopping centers are 14 to 40 minutes away in:
- Downtown Houston
- Lake Jackson
- Direct access to U.S. Highway 288, Highway 36, Highway 332; each a four-lane highway. Interstate 69 intersects with Highway 36, 55 miles north of Freeport.
- A great quality of life
- Inexpensive cost of real estate
- Freeport and the Port of Freeport with various cities Brazoria County is designated as a Foreign Trade Zone. Business just needs to apply in our county. The Port Freeport is a designated Foreign Trade Zone.
- Local hunting, fishing, and boating
- No impact fees
- No known environmental issues
- Not in a flood plain
- Rail access provided by Union Pacific Railroad at Freeport and a 300 acre industrial park.
The abundance of available and future available properties coupled with desirable prices and the convergence of several main throughways, makes Freeport an excellent choice for business development or industrial and agricultural expansion.